Learn Two Simple Banjo Songs
Here’s a couple more songs that use just three chords on the banjo – G,C and D – When the Saints Go Marching In and She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain. In the last example – Oh Susannah, I indicated a strum with a slash, and the chords were printed above the lyrics, these two songs are done the same way.
All of the songs we have learned so far are in the key of G. Oh Susannah, She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain, and When the Saints Go Marching In, all end on the chord G. Usually, the chord that a song ends on tells you what key the song is in, if a song ends on a G, it’s key is probably also G.
If you need a refresher on the chords check out these posts:
- Banjo Chord Changes – Part Three
- Banjo Chord Changes – Part Two
- Banjo Chord Changes – Part One
- Your First Three Chords
What you should know.
- You can play both songs smoothly and from memory.
- You can also sing both song while playing them on the banjo.